The protection of our privacy is one of the key priorities leading up to the widespread adoption of eHealth in Australia.
Privacy compliance is a fundamental principle for NEHTA, both in terms of meeting legal obligations and community expectations. NEHTA is committed to the ongoing consideration of privacy within the context of its work with a view to avoiding and mitigating privacy risks.
A privacy management framework has been developed to ensure that privacy considerations are integrated into the design, management and policy development associated with the range of eHealth initiatives across NEHTA’s work program.
Privacy Impact Assessments below:
- 2010-12 Electronic Transfer of Prescription PIA PDF (707.83 kB)
- EMM ETP Preliminary PIA July 09 PDF (748.18 kB)
- NEHTA responses to PIA Recommendations (170.66 kB)
HI Service Privacy Impact Assessment
- Clayton Utz PIA, Recommendations and NEHTA Reponses PDF (1.59 MB)
- Galexia PIA, Recommendations and NEHTA Reponses PDF (838.8 kB)
- Mallesons PIA, Recommendations and NEHTA Reponses PDF (1.13 MB)
- Release of the Healthcare Identifier Service Privacy Impact Assessments PDF (177.6 kB)